All your preparation from Air Tickets, to bags packed is done, but what about the security of the device you are taking with you. Here in this blog we have discussed about the security of devices in a proper manner.
In today’s world of cyberthreats, any internet connection is vulnerable to get a malware attack. Using the public Wi-Fi network on the go is a normal thing, but taking extra precaution is very important. Just take steps as mentioned by experts of Trend Micro Support to protect yourself immediately. Follow this basic guide and enjoy your travelling with peace of mind.
Take a few precautions that will save you from trouble later. Here’s your simple guidelines:
- Stop Sharing of files – Verify that no files or drives are present to share, else anyone will be able to access that present on the same network.
- Always be update – Look for the updates on all the apps, particularly the operating system and apps present.
- Take service of device-tracking App – For Android devices “Find My Device” app is available while Apple users can use “Find My iPhone.” Such apps are invaluable while travelling.
On the way
Below are best practices for keeping data secured as you travel. Learn these tips and make a habit of using them.
- Switch off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth when not using – Avoid needless connections and stop others from viewing your data.
- Connect carefully – When linking to a Wi-Fi, at a friend or colleague place, be alert to get the particular name of the Wi-Fi, so you don’t inadvertently nail into a fake one posing as the genuine one.
- Use a VPN Connection when banking – Never check your bank or credit card details on public Wi-Fi or untrusted computer. Always, take the service of VPN connection when banking. Contact Trend Micro Technical Support to setup VPN connection.
- Shop from Secure Sites – If shop online while traveling through public Wi-Fi, check the padlock sign present in the address bar, and see URL starts with “https” only. Verify the URL is spelled correctly or not. If something inside the domain name seems twisted, leave the website and move to another website.
For online shield, install a cybersecurity software:
- Antivirus – Basic Antivirus security is not beneficial at all, go for a robust Antivirus! Get Trend Micro Antivirus install and stop all the malware attacks easily.
- Password manager – A number of online accounts, so difficult to remember the login details. A password manager makes it simple. If you use Trend Micro Antivirus, automatically Password manger is included in as part of the package. Use it on all devices and sync them for the secure login of the accounts without having to remember passwords. The password manager will by default fill the credentials so you don’t have to.
- VPN – Virtual Private Networks helps to access the internet secretly and undetectably. It is by far the safest method to use a public Wi-Fi, and it is just outstanding defense in overall. Install VPN, and even experts won’t be able to check what you’re doing online. Contact Trend Micro Antivirus Support to setup VPN connection.
For more info visit: – https://goo.gl/tyMHeu